The master Track Aerodynamics and Wind Energy combines fundamental and applied research disciplines of aerospace and wind-power systems, focusing on the development of new analysis techniques and their application in design. It is aimed at those who wish to acquire experience with both experimental and numerical methods as well as design procedures and optimisation techniques. This track offers two profiles namely (1) Aerodynamics and (2) Wind Energy.
There are different application procedures and dates depending if you are a national student or an international student.
TU Delft offers several study, research and internship grants for which you can apply for
- Will have in-depth knowledge of low speed aerodynamics and its application to energy extracting devices such as wind turbines and kites;
- Will have thorough system knowledge regarding these energy extraction devices;
- Will be able to apply advanced analysis and design techniques in at least one of the following areas: wind turbines, wind farms or kite power systems;
- Will have insight in related disciplines such as boundary layer meteorology, structural design and dynamics of structures, control and operations.
- Will have knowledge of the noise generation mechanisms in wind-turbines, of sound propagation in realistic terrain and atmospheric conditions, and the implications of noise reduction on wind-farm economy.