This Apprenticeship is for people who wish to pursue a career in the maintenance of large scale commercial wind turbines. It is designed to meet the needs of the growing Irish Renewable and Sustainable Energy sector. The WTMT Apprenticeship adopts an ‘Earn while you Learn’ model so Apprentices are paid for the duration of their Apprenticeship. The Apprenticeship is aimed at applicants who are at least 18 years of age. It will provide training in occupational areas associated with the role of Wind Turbine Maintenance Technician, including health and safety, and maintenance and fault finding of electrical, mechanical, control and hydraulic systems.
Apply direclty through Application System:
to enter Apprentice Candidade Database for prospective employers
Employer starts registration process with SOLAS
Apprentice Payment: the employer pays the apprentice while s/he is being trained.
A wind turbine maintenance technician undertakes a range of tasks associated with the maintenance of large-scale commercial wind turbines such as:
• Safely and effectively inspect, maintain, repair and replace systems and components.
• Identify and resolve technical problems encountered.
• Interpret and communicate complete technical information.
• Understand the structure and ethos associated with the role and the wider industry within which technicians operate.
On successful completion of the Wind Turbine Maintenance Technician (WTMT) Apprenticeship the apprentice is awarded a Level 6 Advanced Certificate in Industrial Wind Turbine Engineering.
- Lower Secondary qualification, or equivalent trade-related experience.
- At least 18 years of age
- QQI Level 4 Major Award (or equivalent), or at least 3 years trade-related experience.
- Pass Grade in Maths at Level 3 (or equivalent).
- B2 Level of English Language proficiency.
- Ability to work at heights of up to 100m is essential.
- Excellent colour vision is essential
- Pass a medical fitness to work assessment