The aim of the Postgraduate Certificate is to produce graduates with an advanced level of theoretical knowledge and some level of practical knowledge in a specialist domain of renewable energy. Furthermore, the innovation skills obtained in undertaking this programme will enable their professional development in the renewable energy industry.
Graduates of Bachelor of Engineering or Science, or equivalent
A second class honours degree (2.2) in an engineering or science discipline is the basic requirement. Candidates with alternative qualifications are also encouraged to apply.
Application directly through DkIT Applications System:
HEA Free Fees Scheme (FFI): the Irish Exchequer will pay tuition fees to the University on behalf of students registered for the first time on qualifying, full-time, undergraduate degree programmes.
SUSI - Student Universal Support Ireland:
Application through: https://www.susi.ie/
The award or denial of this grant is completely dependant upon the Student Grant Appeals Body
On completion of the programme, students will:
• Have an advanced understanding of the knowledge base in this area and an appreciation of how this equips them to offer leadership in the area of renewable energy.
• Have excellent teamwork skills with the ability to take responsibility for the work of individuals and groups.
• Have the capacity to apply advanced theoretical knowledge to solve complex problems in the field of renewable energy.
• Have the ability to systematically evaluate emerging renewable energy technologies and trends.
• Have the ability to provide competent advice and consultancy to relevant bodies engaged in renewable energy.
• Have a profound respect for intellectual integrity and for the ethics of scholarship.