Energy Engineering is a broad field dealing with energy efficiency, energy product design and services, facility management, plant engineering, environmental compliance, and alternative energy technologies. The main job of an Energy Engineer is to find the most efficient and sustainable way to power our homes, businesses and industrial processes. This discipline is one of the most recent to emerge, driven by exciting new opportunities:
• to generate, distribute and store energy
• to deliver energy efficiency using smart devices
• to monitor energy use, and energy services
GMIT offers students access to state-of-the-art, energy dedicated teaching and research laboratories. The Energy Engineering degree is accredited by Engineers Ireland at Associate Engineer level. GMIT’s Energy Engineers have the skills and knowledge that are highly sought after by multinationals, government agencies and businesses worldwide to meet the challenges of climate change and the decarbonisation of the world economy. Our graduates have a 100% employment record.
In Year 1, make an Available Place application on payment of a fee of 45€ in CAO (Central Applications Office) website.
After, one can apply through the ATU Application System:
HEA Free Fees Scheme (FFI): the Irish Exchequer will pay tuition fees to the University on behalf of students registered for the first time on qualifying, full-time, undergraduate degree programmes.
SUSI - Student Universal Support Ireland:
Application through: https://www.susi.ie/
The award or denial of this grant is completely dependant upon the Student Grant Appeals Body
Energy Engineering deals with energy efficiency, energy product design and services, facility management, plant engineering, environmental compliance and alternative energy technologies.
Our graduates find work as:
• Energy Managers
• Project Managers & Engineers
• Engineers in the development of new energy products and services
• Energy Assessors & Consultants
• Energy Network Managers & Controllers
• Mechanical Services Engineers
• Engineers specialising in Energy Efficiency & Recovery
• Energy Distribution Engineers
• Energy Management Engineers
• Research & Development Engineers
• Lecturers & Trainers
• Directors of Start-Up Companies
High School graduates with at least 2 A-levels at grade E or above, or equivalent
For admision to this programme, standard applicants must:
• Score 310 CAO Points and meet the minimum requirements
• At least an O4/H5 in Maths Leaving Certificate or equivalent