When you study Energy Engineering, you can choose the specialisation in Wind Power Systems (WPS).
During the specialisation in Wind Power Systems, you will study the electrical aspects of wind power systems and learn about generators, power electronics, control techniques, power systems and integration of wind turbines in the electric power supply network.
You will explore questions such as:
- How do we ensure electric network stability when a large wind turbine is connected to the electrical system?
- Should direct current (DC) or alternating current (AC) transmission be applied to offshore wind farms of the future?
- What type of generator provides the highest efficiency in a given application?
- How can a wind turbine be protected against lightning?
- How do you design a micro electricity supply network comprising a wind turbine, energy storage and loads?