Through the course, you will learn about offshore wind energy and the engineering methods used within this specific field of wind energy.
You will touch upon several different subjects relevant to engineers working with offshore wind energy and substructure.
During the course, you will be working with the following:
- Offshore wind turbines and wind farms
- Overview of offshore design codes like IEC 61400-3 and DNV OS J101
- Calculation of wave loads in linear, regular, and irregular waves by the Morison equation
- Engineering methods for computation of rotor loads
- Offshore environmental conditions – design basis
- Substructure types – monopile, jacket, gravity based – and their relative strengths
- Design methods for monopiles
- Floating wind turbines
- Soil models
- Cost of offshore wind energy