This online programme provides a detailed introduction of how medium to large-scale wind farm projects are planned and implemented.
It covers the most important economic aspects of renewable energy project planning and describes how the most common public policy support mechanisms work. The programme also looks into how banks view the risks related to renewable energy projects, and examines the parameters they use to assess any new project’s bankability in order to decide whether they will get on board and finance it. To this end, the programme includes a checklist for project developers to ensure that potential partner banks receive all the data they require in the way they require it.
The programme includes access to short introductory courses on energy and electricity topics to provide participants with the opportunity to learn or revise the basics. These courses are not mandatory and are not covered in the exam.
The programme contains three core courses on the essential financial considerations of renewable energy projects. These courses are mandatory and are a part of the exam.
- Renewable energy feasibility assessment and investment valuation
- Policy Frameworks for RE Power Generation
- Renewable energy project finance
Wind power planning electives
The elective specialisation of this programme in wind power includes one optional course introducing wind power technology in its different forms and one mandatory course on wind power planning and measurement.
Receive a reminder one week before the registration deadline.
After completing this programme, you will be able to:
- calculate the relevant economic parameters of a renewable energy project;
- decide which support mechanisms are applicable;
- prepare the data required for a bankability assessment; and
- define the necessary steps from planning to O&M for a wind farm.
This programme is suitable for you if you:
- are charged with planning or developing a renewable energy project;
- need to deal with various stakeholders in a project appraisal process; or
- will supervise the implementation of a wind power project.
Duration: 6 months
Study time: About 130 hours
Training language: English or Spanish
Detailed course description: A detailed course description is available for download here.
E-learning platform: Access the demo course on our e-learning platform.
Project Director E-Learning and Blended Learning
Tel: +49 (0)30 58 70870 46