Electrical and Computer Engineering intervenes in computers, telecommunications, electronics, control and energy, and has a huge impact on the technologies that define modern society and life. An electrical and computer engineer has the skills to design electrical and electronic devices, as well as develop systems involving hardware, software, communication networks, power generation and control of sensors and actuators.
- Develop conventional, wind and solar energy production systems to efficiently supply electricity around the world.
- Design and implement computational circuits to accelerate communication networks and processors that are used in smartphones, computers and other electronic equipment.
- Design, implement and maintain communication systems that allow performing remote surgeries with intelligent robots.
- Develop image processing algorithms to improve the diagnosis and treatment of diseases.
- Develop faster and more efficient processors to improve the visualization of videogames, TV in high definition or in 3-D.
- Implement sensor networks that allow the efficient monitoring of environmental parameters in large geographical areas.
- Develop drones and autonomous robots that help carry out search and rescue missions in catastrophic situations.
- Design, develop and program embedded systems that allow "giving intelligence" to many commonly used devices, such as microwaves or washing machines.
- Develop biomedical systems to monitor patients in hospitals.
- Create terrestrial, radio and satellite communication networks so that information can be received and exchanged live from anywhere in the world.
Physics and Chemistry (07) and Mathematics A (19)