It is intended that students acquire specialized training of a professional nature, allowing them to exercise their activity with a high level of competence in one of the areas of specialization foreseen in this master's degree: "Construction and Maintenance of Mechanical Equipment" or "Design, Installation and Maintenance Thermal Systems”. In both specializations, the training profile adopted has a well-defined professional nature, seeking to meet the needs and requirements of the market in both areas, which include a wide range of companies, from multiple sectors of economic activity. This Master's degree aims to train staff with the capacity to participate in the design and innovation of products and systems, and adequately prepared to take on coordination and supervision functions in the areas of manufacturing, installation and maintenance, with aptitude for continuous evolution throughout their career
Scholarship is awarded by the State, on a non-refundable basis, whenever the household in which the student is integrated does not have an adequate minimum level of financial resources.
The Master of Mechanical Engineering can pursue their professional career in sectors such as metalworking and metallurgy, the automotive industry, mold manufacturing, transportation, energy production, building air conditioning, industrial refrigeration, and more. Additionally, they can also be involved in management and consulting activities, teaching, and professional training.
Mechanical Equipment, the following stand out:
- Knowing how to apply computational mathematical methods in the analysis and resolution of engineering problems
- Knowing how to use numerical modeling methods in the structural calculation of any mechanical component, using proprietary or commercial programs
- Develop and implement automatic data acquisition and processing systems from different types of instrumentation, as well as analyze and design control systems
- Know and control the phenomena of wear, degradation and ruin of materials in service
- Knowing and knowing how to apply advanced manufacturing technologies, as well as having the ability to optimize manufacturing methods and production processes
- Select materials, depending on the requirements imposed by the project, processing methods and economic requirements
- Identify and select industrial equipment and processes, whether directly linked to the area of mechanical engineering or related areas, being able to assess their environmental impact
- Design all kinds of machines and mechanical components
- Know and know how to apply fault detection techniques to equipment as well as plan and implement industrial maintenance plans