This is an intensive programme (30h training) with general lectures focused on the carbon stored in coastal and marine ecosystems, so-called Blue Carbon, but also field and experimental demonstrations of C budgets measurements.
This training is certified by the University of Lille, allowing participants to obtain a certificate corresponding to a 30h training (ECTS Doctoral credits).
Specific questions that will be addressed during the Blue Carbon Summer School 2023 :
- What is Blue Carbon ?
- How to calculate accurate C budgets ?
- Methodology (C Flux at the sediment-water interface, immersion, emersion) with field trip (estuary) & Lab. Demonstrations (benthic chambers, microsensors, flux measurements)
- Carbon Budgets in tidal marsh, mangroves, seagrasses, seaweeds
- From small scales to large scale (e.g., Teledetection, Blue Carbon and global change, Blue transformation UN 2030)
- How can we turn towards Blue Carbon in the near future ?
- The Future of Blue Carbon Science ?
For more information, please see the dedicated Webpage: https://bluecarbon2023.univ-lille.fr/