The master's degree in Marine Engineering has as main objective to train in the knowledge and techniques that a Chief of Merchant Marine Machines must know to develop his professional activity, at the same time that the necessary skills and abilities for the profession are established and acquired, all of this taught in a blended course with a mixed teaching offered through the Virtual Campus and in the classroom.
You can find different grant opportunities by clicking on https://web.unican.es/admision/becas-y-ayudas-al-estudio
The Master in Marine Engineering gives access to the regulated profession of Chief of Merchant Marine Machines.
In addition to professional outings in national and foreign shipping companies, graduates can find employment on land working in shipyards and companies in the sector (new constructions, modifications, repairs, paintings), maritime administration (inspections, customs surveillance, marine salvage), maintenance industrial (industries,
shopping centers, energy companies), surveys, terminal maintenance, teaching and research.
- Have and understand knowledge that can provide a base or opportunity of being original in the development and/or application of ideas, often in a research context
- Students should know how to apply their acquired knowledge and their ability in problem-solving in new or little known environments within extensive (or multidisciplinary) contexts related to their field of study.
- Students should be able to integrate knowledge and deal with the complexity of making judgments from information which even if incomplete or limited includes reflections on the social and ethical responsibilities linked to the application of their knowledge and judgment.
- Students know how to communicate their findings, knowledge and latest reasons underlying them to a specialised and non-specialised public, in a clear and unambiguous way
- Students should have learning skills which allow them to continue studying in a way that will have to be largely self-directed or autonomous.
- Manage naval and auxiliary propulsion machinery
- Manage electrical, electronic and control installations
- Manage maintenance and repairs on the ship
- Manage the operating controls of the ship and care for people on board
- Ability, knowledge and comprehension to use the principles of generation, transport and energy distribution systems, renewable energy and the cogeneration, inspection, certification and advanced control of operation processes, maintenance and repair
- Ability to start research activity
- Interpersonal communication and team work
- Ability to use ICT's
- Ability for planning and time management
- Ability in decision-making
- Academic record of the degree that access to the program: 35%
- Other academic merits: 5%
- Professional experience: 30%
- Language knowledge: 5%
- Personal interview: 25%