The OPITO approved Offshore Lifeboat Coxswain Supplementary Fall Training (Twin Fall) course trains existing free fall Coxswain's in the operation of a twin fall lifeboat, without having to complete the full 4-day initial training course.
The training supplements the requirements for existing certified coxswains who are required to be competent in more than one type of fall system.
In order to complete an OPITO approved Offshore Lifeboat Coxswain Supplementary Fall Training (Twin Fall) course, delegates must hold:
- A valid and in-date offshore survival training certificate (BOSIET or FOET)
- A valid and in-date OPITO Offshore Lifeboat Coxswain Initial Training certificate or equivalent recognised certification
Please book a course through the website of AIS Survivex ("More information").
Delegates completing an OPITO approved Offshore Lifeboat Coxswain Supplementary Fall Training (Twin Fall) course will be able to;
- Check the external and internal integrity of the totally enclosed motor propelled survival craft (TEMPSC)
- Remove mechanical restraints to enable launch of the TEMPSC
- Start the engine using both primary and secondary start systems
- Release the lowering/launching mechanism
- Secure the hatches and turn on the air and water spray protection system
- Clear the installation on course for a safe area
- Pace alongside a vessel for transfer of personnel
- Tow another vessel
- Be towed by another vessel