An OPITO approved ERRV Crew Daughter Craft Coxswain training course meets the initial training requirements for the role of an Emergency Response and Rescue Vessel (ERRV) Daughter Craft Coxswain.
In order to complete an OPITO approved ERRV Crew Daughter Craft Coxswain training course, delegates must have:
- A valid and in-date OPITO ERRV FRC Coxswains certificate
- A successfully completed mandatory pre course learning pack
- Nomination from the master of the ERRV as an appropriate person to undertake the course and the role of a Daughter Craft Coxswain
- At least 3 months sea time as a FRC Coxswain
Please book a course through the website of AIS Survivex ("More information").
Delegates completing an OPITO approved ERRV Crew Daughter Craft Coxswain training course will be able to;
- Understand daughter craft handling techniques
- Understand international regulations for the prevention of collision at sea
- Identify chartwork, buoyage, chart symbols and abbreviations
- Prepare, launch and recover the daughter craft
- Use navigation aids such as radar, GPS and VHF radio