The aims and objectives of the Initial Training Programme are to equip the delegate with the necessary knowledge, understanding and skills to perform the role of Emergency Response Team Leader effectively.
Delegates completing an OPITO OERTL training course must hold a valid and in-date OPITO OERTM certificate OR OPITO OERTM Further certificate.
Please book a course through the website of AIS Survivex ("More information").
- The role of the Emergency Response Team Leader
- Offshore emergency response activities
- Elements of teamwork and leadership
- Communication requirements for offshore incidents
- How to brief and debrief team members
- The requirements to initiate servicing of equipment and to replenish stocks
- Establishing and maintaining communications including equipment and procedures
- Allocating and confirming the team’s duties and tasks
- Operation and use of firefighting and rescue equipment
- Operation and use of breathing apparatus
- Monitoring the team’s progress, evaluating, adjusting and communicating the response plan
- Monitoring stress in self and others
- Debriefing the team