Corrosion Awareness e-Learning provides an awareness of the causes and effects of corrosion in the oil and gas industry.
Delegates will learn to identify controls that may be put in place to prevent and manage corrosion.
There are no formal prerequisites for this course.
Please book a course through the website of AIS Survivex ("More information").
Delegates completing a Corrosion Awareness e-Learning training course will be able to;
- Define what corrosion is and why it occurs
- Describe the chemical process of corrosion
- Describe the safety, economic and environmental impacts of corrosion within the oil and gas industry
- Identify the corrosion mechanisms and describe the common types of corrosion
- Identify the different corrosion zones on an offshore installation
- Identify and describe how corrosion can affect plant and equipment
- Describe how corrosion can impact pipelines
- Describe the corrosion risk caused by dead legs within a pipeline network
- Identify the key parts of an offshore well and describe how corrosion can impact its performance
- Describe the uses of produced water and its contribution to corrosion offshore
- Explain the importance of tracking and monitoring corrosion offshore
- Identify and describe the main methods used to manage corrosion offshore
Oil, gas and mineral resources