The training is intended to recognize the potential dangers of a fire on board sea-going vessels and which actions should be taken if a real fire on board is discovered.
The course is divided in a theoretical and a practical part covering the following topics:
- general safety
- emergency situations regarding fire
- theory of fire
- fire control aboard ships
- use of protective equipment regarding fire fighting
- command and control
- use of appropriate firefighting equipment
- use of compressed air breathing apparatus
- fire fighting of interior / exterior fires
The participant is in the possession of:
- a valid certificate of medical fitness
- a valid certificate Basic Safety Training
- good health and physically able to participate in the practical exercises (including use of breathing apparatus, confined spaces and heat load)
Please refer to the DRTC website (More information) for additional course dates and application.
After completing the course, the course participant is able to organize thorough firefighting operations and to ensure effective firefighting, with regard towards the safety of the persons on board.
Upon successful completion of the course, the participant will receive the certificate:
Proficiency in Advanced Fire Fighting, STCW reg. VI/3, section A-VI/3, Table A VI/3