The Master's program in Master in Port Administration and Management contributes to national development by offering professionals in the sector the possibility of expanding and updating their knowledge and skills in maritime-port management, providing a modern vision of port management under international standards and providing tools for port management, foreign trade and logistics considering the Chile-European Union-US-Korea-Japan-China Free Trade Agreement, among others. Integrating the multidimensional analysis of the administration and management of port maritime traffic, under a current look at the aspects that affect the management of ports and the traffic of entry and exit of goods through them.
Upon completion of the Master's program, the graduate will be able to apply tools to plan the development of organizations of the port maritime sector, as well as to organize, direct and control the activities of the port maritime operating and logistics system
The documentation necessary for the application to the program must be sent electronically through the application portal, it can be sent with support to the email ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Complete the application form of the Postgraduate and Postgraduate Directorate of the University of Valparaíso (“more information and applications on the site http://postgrados.uv.cl).
- Certificate of Concentration of Undergraduate Notes, or of a previous postgraduate.
- Curriculum vitae.
- Certified (authenticated) copy of Title (s) or Academic Degree (s) *.
- Declaration of interests of the applicant.
- Letter of recommendation, professional or academic.
Once accepted in the program, the student must deliver the Certified (authenticated) Copy of Title (s) or Academic Degree (s) and a passport-sized photograph.
In accordance with the postgraduate and postgraduate regulations of the University of Valparaíso, applicants with degrees or degrees obtained abroad must submit their documents certified, approved and authorized by the competent national authorities.
Aims of the program:
- Provide a modern vision of port management under international standards.
- Grant tools in port management, foreign trade and logistics considering the globalized environment offered by the Free Trade Agreements between different economies.
- Provide advanced training in the management of ports and freight traffic by sea.
- Provide a current view of the aspects that affect the management of the ports and the traffic of entry and exit of goods through them.
- Provide a multidimensional treatment and analysis of the administration and management of port maritime traffic.
- Contribute to national development by offering professionals in the sector the possibility of expanding and updating their knowledge and skills in maritime-port management.
- Provide knowledge of coastal and maritime engineering and its relationship with the decision process in the maritime - port system.
- Provide knowledge of Economics, Operations Management and Business Strategy for the administration of port systems.
Professionals with a Bachelor's Degree or University Professional Degree of careers of at least 8 semesters in any discipline, who perform, or wish to do so, in any business area of the maritime - port field or other related activities (Shipping and / or Port companies , General Agencies, Ship Agencies or Consignees, Stowage and Unloading Agencies, Docking Companies, Logistics Companies, Forwarders, Ship Brokers, and in general, any other maritime port organization either from the private sector or from the State Administration). Understanding the differences between educational systems throughout the world, in the case of foreign applicants who do not have a Bachelor's degree, the academic committee of the program will evaluate the equivalence of their studies with the requirement of having graduated from a career minus 8 semesters.