The course starts by introducing all the usual terms used in pathology. A short introduction is given about the world aquaculture in particular some historical examples of diseases with strong consequences. This is followed by the different methods used to prevent fish diseases on the farm. Then come successively the main bacterial, viral, fungal and parasitic fish diseases.
Upon completing this course, the student should be able to
- explain how to prevent fish diseases on a farm
- identify abnormal fish behaviour
- describe the main regulations in terms of fish health management
- describe the organisms involved in fish diseases
- describe the main diseases and principles of controlling and treating fish diseases.