The Naval Architecture and Shipbuilding programme is designed to prepare graduates to enter the workforce with a sound background in Naval Architecture technology along with a range of practical skills ready for use on their first day of employment. The curriculum at UniKL MIMET is intended to provide students with a broad knowledge of shipbuilding engineering, to develop creativity and analytical skills through study of subjects in the areas of Mathematics, comprehensive mechanics, design theory, and interdisciplinary theories of mechanical and computerized engineering knowledge. The study of naval architecture begins in the 1st year in order to familiarize the student as early as possible with ship and shipbuilding terms, technical facets of ship analysis and design, shipyard arrangements and general methods of ship construction.
Check https://www.unikl.edu.my/programmes/fees-financial-aid/ to see the tuition fee, as it depends on wether you are local or international.
Application can be done online here: https://www.unikl.edu.my/apply/undergraduate-admission/
All here: https://www.unikl.edu.my/?s=Scholarship
The goal of the Naval Architecture & Shipbuilding programme is to prepare students for careers in the shipbuilding and boatbuilding industries in any one of many capacities. Students typically find employment, in Malaysia or abroad with shipyards, boatyards, general consultants, marine surveyors, marine offshore industries, research establishments and government agencies. Graduates usually begin their professional life working under the supervision of a seasoned Naval Architect or Professional Engineer and advance in position based on experience and opportunity. Many graduates now enjoy senior positions in design offices and government agencies or have formed their own successful enterprises.
- Diploma (Level 4, KKM) Engineering/Engineering Technology recognized or equivalent with CGPA 2.0; OR
- Diploma (Level 4, KKM) in fields of vocational, technical/skills in relevant fields and recognized with CGPA 2.0 and at least a pass in English at SPM; OR
- Pass in UniKL Foundation in Science & Technology with minimum CGPA of 2.0; OR
- Pass in Matriculation/Foundation with a minimum CGPA of 2.0; OR
- Pass in International Baccalaureate (IB) with at least 24 points; OR
- Pass in STPM or its equivalent, with at least Grade C in 3 subjects including Mathematics and one science subject and at least pass in English at SPM;
- Applicant is required to achieve Band 2 of MUET
- Other recognized equivalent qualifications by Malaysian Government
Student must complete 11 years of schooling and obtain general pass in their Secondary School Certificate, O-levels or equivalent with min Grade C in 5 subjects including Math and one Science subject.