General course objectives
The course aims to provide the participants with knowledge on the most used methods for diagnosis of important fish viruses.
A student who has met the objectives of the course will be able to:
- Sample and process material for diagnostic purpose
- Maintain, cultivate, inoculate and read most used cell lines (BF-2, EPC, CCB and ASK) for fish disease diagnostic purposes
- Prepare cell cultures for different purposes, e.g. diagnosis, IFAT and virus titration
- Inoculate and sub-cultivate diagnostic samples
- Read diagnostic trays
- Titrate virus
- Apply Real-Time PCR for surveillance purposes
- Genotype important viral isolates by sequencing and blasting
- Assess pitfalls and errors in test performances and designs.
Machinery and operators