Marine engineering is the discipline of applying engineering sciences (including mechanical, electrical, electronics) and computer science, to the development, design, operation and maintenance of ships and related watercraft, including propulsion and on-board systems.
The Marine Engineering discipline integrates and applies high levels of engineering science to the area of naval architecture and marine structures. Naval architecture broadly refers to the design and structures related to a ship.
• Minimum NSC statutory requirements for degree entry must be met.
• An applicant with NSC Grade 12 Mathematics or Technical Mathematics requires a minimum Applicant Score of 370.
• NSC achievement rating of at least 60% for Mathematics or Technical Mathematics.
• NSC achievement rating of at least 50% for Physical Sciences or Technical Science.
• Alternatively: A Higher Certificate in Mechatronics Engineering qualification with an average of 60% or above and a minimum of 60% for Mathematics1001 (MAT1001).