This course gives an overview of the offshore industry and an introduction to methods and technologies relating to the development of offshore oil and gas fields. This is illustrated by examples from the Norwegian continental shelf and other areas where such activities take place.
Knowledge within mathematics and mechanics (theory of elasticity, static and dynamic analysis) corresponding to requirements for master students.
After the courses the student shall:
- Understand the business drivers in the offshore oil and gas industry
- Understand the importance of a value chain perspective
- Understand the importance of multidiscipline work
- Be aware of the variety of technical solutions that can be used
- Be aware of limitations and feasibility issues of specific solutions
- Understand that the suitability of specific solutions depends on the circumstances