The course will have a broad review of the following modules:
- Introduction to oil and gas subsea industry
- Fluid composition and properties
- Operational stages
- Exploration activities
- Reservoir and reservoir management
- Drilling and well construction
- Decommissioning and removal of installations
- Laws and regulations as for example NORSOK and material specifications from ASME
- Oil and gas subsea systems:
- Flow charts and isometric drawing
- Pipelines/Risers calculation
- Pipe supports, flanges, valves and other fittings
- Material selection based on standard for different elements in the pipe system
- Treatment equipment (separators and others)
- Measurement systems
- Operation and maintenance
- Current research/Future development of subsea
The course will provide knowledge about techniques, tools, equipment, standards and regulations used in the offshore industry from different prospectives, such as, exploration and exploitation.
- Students will subject have basic knowledge about the techniques and equipment used in the exploration and exploitation phases of oil and gas in offshore activities.
- Students will also gain in-depth knowledge of related standards and regulations, as well as the design requirements for subsea structures and subsea pipeline systems.
- Students will learn about tools used in the subsea oil industry.
- Students will be able to apply relevant information for this type of work (LU-M-K-5)
- Students will have a basic understanding of the connection between all activities performed from exploration phase towards the operation phase, including remarks on decommissioning of installations.
- The skills will be useful in the bachelor thesis (LU-M-F-1.5)
- Students can participate in activities related with this topic, having a good understanding of the common practices in assessments, testing and simulation in terms of the use of resources. Students will manage economical and security considerations in the offshore activity (LU-M-G-1.2)
ITE1815 Mechanics II, ITE1816 Hydraulic Turbomachines and Oil Hydraulics, MAS-2601 Mechanics II, MAS-2603 Hydraulic Systems and Oil Hydraulics