The course will have a broad review of the following modules:
- Introduction to oil and gas subsea industry
- Fluid composition and properties
- Operational stages
- Exploration activities
- Reservoir and reservoir management
- Drilling and well construction
- Decommissioning and removal of installations
- Laws and regulations as for example NORSOK and material specifications from ASME
- Oil and gas subsea systems:
- Flow charts and isometric drawing
- Pipelines/Risers calculation
- Pipe supports, flanges, valves and other fittings
- Material selection based on standard for different elements in the pipe system
- Treatment equipment (separators and others)
- Measurement systems
- Operation and maintenance
- Current research/Future development of subsea
ITE1815 Mechanics II, ITE1816 Hydraulic Turbomachines and Oil Hydraulics, MAS-2601 Mechanics II, MAS-2603 Hydraulic Systems and Oil Hydraulics
The course will provide knowledge about techniques, tools, equipment, standards and regulations used in the offshore industry from different prospectives, such as, exploration and exploitation.
- Students will subject have basic knowledge about the techniques and equipment used in the exploration and exploitation phases of oil and gas in offshore activities.
- Students will also gain in-depth knowledge of related standards and regulations, as well as the design requirements for subsea structures and subsea pipeline systems.
- Students will learn about tools used in the subsea oil industry.
- Students will be able to apply relevant information for this type of work (LU-M-K-5)
- Students will have a basic understanding of the connection between all activities performed from exploration phase towards the operation phase, including remarks on decommissioning of installations.
- The skills will be useful in the bachelor thesis (LU-M-F-1.5)
- Students can participate in activities related with this topic, having a good understanding of the common practices in assessments, testing and simulation in terms of the use of resources. Students will manage economical and security considerations in the offshore activity (LU-M-G-1.2)
Machinery and operators
Oil, gas and mineral resources