- Microbial (algal) growth kinetics
- Cultivation, fermentation and photo-bioreactors
- Metabolism and metabolic engineering
- Basic principles of systems and synthetic biology
Local admission, application code 9371 - master's level singular course. Admission requires a bachelor's degree (180 ECTS) or equivalent qualification, with a major in biology, biotechnology or chemistry of minimum 80 ECTS.
Recommended prerequisites: One or several of following courses (or equivalent): BIO-2001 Fysiologi I, BIO-2513 Marin Biodiversitet, BIO-2601 Generell mikrobiologi, BIO-2606 Generell og marin bioteknologi, MAT-1001, MAT-1002, MAT-1003 Calculus 1,2 & 3, Linear Algebra MAT-1004
- The course aims enable students to develop quantitative problem-solving skills in the context of different microbial biotechnology applications including marine microalgae.
- Students will develop the ability to apply knowledge of modern biology to different biotechnology and bioengineering applications
- They will develop the ability to independently gain technical knowledge from available scientific literature
- The will develop their ability to communicate effectively in professional/technical settings.
- Gain competence that allows for a necessary understanding of the quantitative aspects of microbial cell growth, cultivation, metabolic modelling, metabolic engineering and modern practices in synthetic biology.