The objectives of the Aquaculture Science Doctorate Program are to train competitive human resources of excellence, with scientific, technological, ecological, biosafety, sustainability and ethical principles, capable of generating cutting-edge scientific or technological knowledge in some of the areas of aquaculture. , as well as in the transmission of knowledge.
*Foreign candidates information
The National Council for Science and Technology of Mexico (CONACYT), provides fellowships to foreign students interested in studying a doctoral or master’s degree in Mexico in all areas of knowledge.
Mexico offers more than 1,800 doctoral, masters and specialization degrees accredited by the Education Ministry and CONACYT through the Quality Postgraduates National Program (PNPC).
All of CICESE’s graduate programs are accredited by CONACYT and thus, accepted applicants can be candidates for receiving a fellowship from CONACYT. Please note that most courses and its materials are in Spanish, so a good understanding of the language is a must.
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS?
- A minimum average grade point of 8 (in a scale 10 to 0) in the immediate previous level of studies;
- A good comprehension of Spanish;
- Apply in a Call for Admission for a master or doctoral program and be accepted to enroll;
- Upon receiving your acceptance letter, you must apply for a student visa in any embassy or consulate of Mexico in your country. As a candidate for a CONACYT scholarship, the requirement for financial support in the visa application will be waived. When you arrive to Mexico, you will need to obtain a student immigration card from the Immigration Institute;
- When you obtain your student immigration card, you will need to open a CONACYT account to fill an online CVU Curriculum (Spanish only);
- Once enrolled in the program, we will start the scholarship application process;
- The first fellowship deposit (in a bank account) may take up 4 months after enrolment, so be prepared to pay by yourself your expenses for this period of time (the first deposit will include the first months of scholarship);
- You must be a full-time student.
BENEFITS FOR THE FELLOW STUDENT
- Monthly stipend fellowship to students accepted in any of our programs.
- Financial aid to make academic stays in universities or research institutes from Mexico or abroad.
- Medical service provided by a Public Health Institute
The National Council of Science and Technology (CONACYT) offers a program of financial support to carry out master and doctoral studies.
-Admission exam (PAEP)
-Certificate of Undergraduate Studies: with a minimum average of 80 (scale from 0 to 100).
*In case of coming from an institution where the rating scale is different from the one mentioned, an official or authorized document must be presented that allows establishing an equivalence.
-Bachelor's degree, professional ID and professional examination certificate (the latter, in case of having presented thesis defense).
-Academic recommendation: from at least three previous professors, researchers or bosses who know you. The recommendation is confidential following the procedure indicated in the online admission application (the applicant must not know the content of it).