- Electrical propulsion and diesel electrical propulsion.
- Distribution systems and voltage levels.
- Load balancing and short-circuiting calculation.
- Equipment and instrumentation for synchronization and load distribution.
- Rotational speed statics and voltage statics.
- Main switch board with instruments.
- Emergency power supply.
- Shore connection.
- Asynchronous motors with starting equipment.
- Frequency converters.
- Electromagnetic noise.
- know the regulations and requirements in installation, operation and maintenance of electrical installations in ships and vessels.
- know the directions for documentation of electrical installations in ships.
- know design and mode of operation of electrical machinery and equipment onboard ships.
The candidate shall be able to
- projecting the installation of electrical equipment in ships
- make measurements and troubleshooting on ships electrical system,
- produce electrical documentation with reports and measurement protocols.
The candidate can
- perform and document tests on ships electrical equipment and communicate knowledge orally and in writing,
- independently obtain and use data sheet and support literature in their own work.
Admission to a programme of study is required:
- Engineering - Power Electronics (006EK)
Recommended previous knowledge
IE 203814 Electric machines and power electronics
IE 203915 Electric power systems