- Robots and crane design
- Kinematics, inverse kinematics
- Dynamics and forces
- Transmissions and actuators
- Hydraulic servo systems
- Modelling and real time simulation
Admission to a programme of study is required:
- Naval Architecture (850MD)
- Naval Architecture (850ME)
- Product and System Design (840MD)
- Product and System Design (845ME)
Recommended previous knowledge
General knowledge on physics and rigid body dynamics
Required previous knowledge
Modelling and simulation of dynamic systems
- The learning objective is to provide candidates with a sound understanding of selected issues within the field of Mechatronics.
- They will have knowledge of complex systems of mechanical, hydraulic and electrical elements and the interaction between such systems.
- Robots and cranes will be focused in the course.
- Theoretical understanding and skills designing of mechatronics systems with electronics and software.
- Apply the theory and models learned in the course to real mechatronics systems.
- Gain experience in working with physical sensors, actuators and programming.
- The student is able to take the first step towards creating useful mechatronics systems for non-industrial applications, and see the opportunities and benefits of mechatronics in industrial production and products.
Machinery and operators