Marine soil investigations, skirted foundations, anchoring, piles, slope stability, cyclic loadings.
The candidate should have knowledge of:
- Equipment and standard soil investigation methods in use offshore
- Geotechnical problems related to offshore oil exploration and production
- Calculation procedures relevant for foundations, piles and anchors subjected to cyclic loading
The candidate is able to:
- Evaluate and make use of a standard report of marine site investigations
- Identify geotechnical problems in a project
- Estimate the capacities of foundations, piles and anchors for given design parameters for the soil at hand
The candidate can:
- Communicate with designers in Marine Soil Mechanics
- Communicate with operators and designers in adjacent fields of Offshore Engineering
- Work within a group specialising in Marine Soil Mechanics
Recommended previous knowledge
TBA 4105 Geotechnics, Design Methods.
TBA 4110 Geotechnics, Material Properties.
TBA 4115 Geotechnics, Structures.