To counteract known and future environmental problems knowledge of ecological interactions and effects of human activity is needed.
The course provides a broad overview of the theoretical, practical and applied aspects of the ecosystem dynamics in the marine environment. This is done in favor of a greater focus on theoretical and practical background of ecosystem dynamics, marine environmental monitoring and practical applications.
Knowledge equivalent to a Bachelor degree in Biology with a minimun of 7,5 credits in ecology. Swedish upper secondary school course English B/English 6 or equivalent. Information about entry requirements on universityadmissions.se
After the course, students are expected to:
- Select appropriate methods for addressing particular questions based on field and experimental data
- describe the response of marine ecosystems to environmental changes
- describe how ecological theory describes the interplay among organisms and their environment
- describe how long-term environmental monitoring programs are designed and conducted
- describe how monitoring results are used by the society and in research
- present the results for an environmental authority and the propose appropriate decisions and actions for asustainable environment.