Prepare yourself for career success in the subsea sector.
Join our accredited degree programme and become a world-class subsea engineer.
- Train in the development and operation of subsea technologies and systems, from wellhead to topside structure interconnections.
- Learn to use analysis tools and techniques, specialist design software, standards for design improvements and performance optimisation.
- Learn to apply engineering principles and analysis methods to the design and installation of subsea systems.
You’ll leave ready to take on technical leadership roles within the subsea industry. You’ll build your skills in project management, communication, report writing and problem-solving.
Graduate with the same accredited Masters qualification as our on-campus students. Your degree will be recognised by industry employers around the world.
Study with a university that’s worked with the global energy sector since North Sea oil began flowing in 1975.
40% of all the world’s subsea installations are located in the North Sea. Aberdeen is Europe’s leading centre for subsea development and operation. We play a central role in researching and developing new technology to maximise recovery of oil and gas, working with international subsea companies.
The world’s leading subsea technology companies are based here, including:
- Aker Solutions
- Baker Hughes (GE Oil & Gas)
- Subsea 7
- Bibby Offshore.
- A 2:1 (upper-second) UK honours degree (or equivalent) in any branch of Engineering.
You can also apply if you have:
- a 2:1 UK honours degree (or equivalent) in Applied Mathematics or Physics
- or a 2:2 UK honours degree (or equivalent) in Engineering and at least three years’ relevant oil and gas industry experience.
Key subjects you must have covered: Mathematics, Stress Analysis, Strength of Materials, Dynamics, Fluids, Thermodynamics and Engineering Design.
These are our minimum entry requirements. They are given as a guide and do not guarantee entry.