The STUDY PLAN is designed according to international rules governing the formation of marine professionals, providing access to a labour market with high demand , with possibility to perform activities anywhere in the world and in wide range of sectors related with technological field.
A TEACHING STAFF HIGHLY QUALIFIED, with majority professional experience in the field of Marine Engineering and other industries, ensures teaching in direct connection with the reality of the sector, which is reinforced with a program of training at selected industrial facilities and ships up to 4 months.
The existence of TWO SPECIALTIES allows to guide your vocation not only to the field of Merchant Navy, but also to other industrial activities, where our students enjoy a high recognition
Lessons in Spanish, Galego and/or English in accordance with the subjet's study guide.
Admission procedures and criteria:
An official registration calendar for UDC undergraduate and Master’s programmes is determined each year by the university commission responsible, and runs from July to October. As soon as the calendar is approved (some time in May), candidates will be able to access the information on the CIUG website. In the meantime, students may find it helpful to consult the registration calendar for the current academic year (available on the SAPE student advice and support section of the main UDC website), as an indication of what to expect.
For undergraduate programmes with a capped number of places, candidates in Galicia who have completed their secondary education are required to sit the University Entrance Examination coordinated by the Galician Universities Commission (CIUG), a mixed board comprising representatives from the Xunta de Galicia (Galician regional government) and the three Galician universities. Examination sessions are held in June and September each year. Information on entry procedures and requirements is available on the CIUG website or the SAPE student portal.
Eligible candidates must match one of the following profiles, in accordance with Art. 2, Royal Decree-Law 1982/2008:
- Certified completion of secondary education (or equivalent), and pass result in University Entrance Examination
- Candidates who fulfil the eligibility requirements of university systems in other EU countries, or in non-EU countries with which Spain has an international cooperation agreement that includes this provision
- Students over 25 with a pass result in the University Entrance Examination, in either its current form or any of its earlier forms
- Mature students with a pass result in the University Entrance Examination for students over 45
- EQF Level 4 Certificate in Professional Training, Art and Design Studies, Sports Studies, etc.
- Undergraduate degree, or other university qualification obtained under previous curricula (Diploma/General Degree Honours Degree, Engineering Degree, etc.)
- Eligible according to criteria prescribed in statutes prior to 2008 reform, not mentioned above.