The programme is 100% compliant with STCW (The International Convention on Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafarers).
The curriculum is a perfect choice for those who want to combine studying towards a Bachelor degree with intensive language learning. A unique programme that offers you following your international sea-going career immediately after graduation.
The quality of our teaching, equipment as well as our curricula are accredited not only by Polish Ministry of Education but also by international bodies supervising marine education. These are rock-solid guarantees you will be in the hands of professionals. On graduation and having completed 12 months of sea-time you will receive the Officer of the Watch rank (OOW) which is one of the very first steps in your seafaring career. To get above this rank with undergraduate diplomas from other universities you would have to complete their graduate programmes. The greatest advantage of our offer is that it saves you 2 years of additional education - our unique, integrated undergraduate curriculum of Navigation combines both "up to OOW" and "post OOW" levels. This way you can become a 1st officer or even a captain much, much sooner!
Students of the Navigation programme may participate in the ERASMUS+ programme, regardless of their nationality. That means that also people from outside the EU may go e.g. for a two-months' training period to a company abroad.
As a MUS graduate you can start working aboard any ship under a flag of any country because our diplomas are recognised worldwide. Once your sea service totals over five years, and having passed a central exam, you can become a captain of any sea-going or inland vessel. Working with marine services or commercial fleets will give you satisfaction, great pay, as well as daily portion of challenge and adventure. You could also install yourself on an oil production rig, research vessel, SAR (Search and Rescue) unit or coast guard boat. But if for some reasons you decide you'd rather stay ashore, you will be perfectly qualified to work with maritime authorities, harbour administration or international shipping companies.
Employment options in brief:
- sea and inland water vessels
- international shipping
- merchant fleet, fishing fleet, passenger ships
- oil drilling and production platforms
- on-shore operation and technical services
- maritime administration
- classification institutions and SAR services
Life at sea is a dream of not one man. This work has many advantages from travel opportunities o good wages, but for many people not being able to meet with family and friends for a long time is a great challenge. Work on the ship also requires a lot of knowledge which should be constantly updated and expanded. Everyone who dreams of working at sea must complete marine training. Marine training will allow you to acquire fundamental knowledge, both practical and theoretical, and prepare a potential candidate for life at sea. Marine training is the first step closer to the maritime service.
- Świadectwo dojrzałości or secondary school certificate giving you the right to apply for admission to higher education institution of any type in the country in which the certificate was issue
- Medical Certificate for seafarers / for service at sea
- English proficiency proof:
International candidates: B2 level certificate in English
Polish citizens are obliged to take an entry test except for candidates who:
- are native English speakers
- hold Cambridge First Certificate or an equivalent certificate
- graduated from a secondary school or a university level programme delivered entirely in English language
- took an examination in English at advanced level during their Matura examination sessions
- obtained at least a "Good" mark at their final examination in English during their university degree programme completed in Poland