About the Department
Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering Department set up since establishing Myanmar Maritime University on June,2002. Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering Department is formed by one Professor, two Associate Professors, one lecturer, four Assistant Lecturers, TwoTutor and one Senior Clerk.
- Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering Department offers the course for the candidates who are aiming to become engineers specialized in Naval Architecture Field.
- The Course typically associated with degrees in Naval Architecture include marine design, marine systems management and ocean safety theory.
- Fundamental subjects are covered a range of the subjects in mechanical, civil and metallurgy engineering.
- During the program period, all Naval Architecture students require need to achieve Dock Yard training in Myanma Shipyard and Dalla Dockyard to acquire practical knowledge for ship building, repair, launching and docking Process . The training period can be occurred during the vacation period.
- Depending upon the annual course reviews and student’s feedback, the lectures and instructors used to update the course by fulfilling requirements.
Aims and Objectives
- To achieve research based Naval Architecture providing Quality Educational Services which meet or exceed the national and international standard.
- To be and international Naval Architecture Department by cooperating with international institutions, organizations, industries and to be excellent in teaching, learning and research.