● It is a specialized MSc Program in maritime transport delivered by Sweden-based World Maritime University
(WMU) in collaboration with Shanghai Maritime University (SMU) since 2005.
● It is a full-time course taught in English by an world-class international faculty.
● It’s carefully designed teaching structure integrating classroom learning, enterprise, practice and overseas study.
● Seminars and field visits are organized to places, including the port of Shanghai, which is the largest port in the world.
● It is delivered in Shanghai, a fast growing center of global shipping and one of the most dynamic and culturally diversified cities in the world.
● Students from China and other countries around the world live and study to start a professional networking in the heart of maritime center in the future.
● The program has attracted each year about 40 students from both China (about 2/3) and other countries in Europe, North America and South-East Asia (1/3).
● The graduates of the program are welcomed in industry. Graduates take important positions as administrators and managers in well-known shipping logistics enterprises home and abroad like China COSCO shipping, Maersk etc.
● The program will start in March and finish by the end of August next year.
● Applicants should have
1) a BSc. Degree or the highest grade certificate of competency for unrestricted
service as master mariner or chief engineer;
2) a certificate of English test (minimum English proficiency is IELTS 6.0 or
equivalent TOEFL 80).