The objective of this course is to train students in navigation technology in order to enable them to meet the required national and international standards for seafarer competency. Students will work on modern ship navigation and management so they will be able to navigate the world’s waterways.
● GMDSS equipment;
● Ship management;
● Modern electronic navigation systems;
● Seafarer psychology;
● Ship-borne navigational aids;
● Marine signals and radio telephony;
● Ship cargo handling;
● Navigation ;
● Marine meteorology and oceanography;
● Ship’s collision avoidance and watchkeeping.
Applicants for English taught undergraduate programs can only apply for Shanghai Government Scholarship (SGS).
● Have graduated from high school;
● Be between the ages of 18 and 25 years;
● Be in good health;
● TOEFL 80 or IELTS 6.0 (or above); Native English speakers and applicants whose previous high school diploma was taken in English are exempted from the language requirement.