We offer a three year PhD with courses in three different modules:
- Specialised scientific knowledge (eng./germ.)
- Communicative competences (eng./germ.)
- Systemic competences and soft skills (eng./germ.)
The PhD program "Environmental Sciences and Biodiversity" for young researchers in the field mathematics and environmental sciences includes the following offers:
- Enhancing the expertise through courses and summer schools especially organized for PhD students
- Promoting the interdisciplinary collaboration through workshops and associated courses
- Broadening of personal skills and competences through individual training.
The PhD program offers the opportunity for young scientists to deepen their knowledge in the fields of environmental science, ecology and systems research in oceans, coastal zones and terrestrial areas. This also includes a working visit at other national or international research institutions. Joint interdisciplinary seminars, invitations to workshopsof several days' duration, participation at international summer schools or attendanceofcourses onsocial and economic subjects promote the interdisciplinary cooperation. Provided are also courses onconveying and presenting scientific findings, on career planning, or for example, for further qualification in project management.
Applicants to the Graduate School, and therefore a PhD programme, must be enrolled at the University of Oldenburg or may enrole concurrently.
Prerequisite for the enrollment in the PhD program "Environmental Sciences and Biodiversity" at the Carl von Ossietzky University is the admission as a doctoral fellow in the Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences.
In this degree programme is a Fast Track course for PhD possible.