Since its recognition as Deemed to be University in 1989, under Section 3 of University Grants Commission Act, 1953, CIFE offers its own degrees.
At the Doctoral level, the institute offers Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) degree under several specializations. Each of the specialization takes three years to complete the duration period.
This course strives to give a detailed insight into various aspects of advance seafood Processing technologies and product development and to familiarize students with different aspects of quality management systems and evaluation techniques for seafood.
CIFE gives advertisements for Ph.D Programs in leading Indian newspapers in the month of March/April inviting applications for admissions.
Seats allocated for Post Harvest Technology are usually 4.
- They can download the prospectus and fill the application form online.
- They must provide all the requisite details.
- The applicants must mention all the previous academic qualifications.
- To submit the form, the candidates must pay the registration fees.
- The fees can be paid either through online or offline mode.
- To test the knowledge of the candidates in the discipline to which admission is sought, a written test covering the subject matter shall be conducted before the interview.
- Only one application can be submitted by an applicant
Application fee: INR 1000/-
Payment can be made through Credit/Debit card using e- Payment/fee collection of State Bank of India.
The application should be downloaded and a hard copy of the same along with proof of payment of fees and following self-attested certificates should be sent by Speed Post to the Asstt. Admin. Officer (PG) Section, ICAR-CIFE, Mumbai.
- Birth Certificate
- Certificate of Examinations passed
- Mark sheets in detail indicating the percentage of marks, division/class obtained, etc. for all the above examinations
- A course completion certificate
- Character Certificate
- A candidate who is appearing in the qualifying examination prior to the Entrance Test, or whose result is not declared can also apply.
- Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe/OBC candidates are required to submit a category certificate
- Two copies of SoP
- Copy of the Receipt generated for Proof of Payment of Fees
- M.F.Sc. (4 years B.F.Sc.+2 years P.G./3 years B.Sc.+3 years P.G. pattern/M.Sc. offered at CIFE (up to 1995) or D.F.Sc., provided the candidate holds a Bachelor’s degree in Biological Science and has two years of experience in fisheries development work after obtaining D.F.Sc. In the case of sponsored candidates, those holding M.Sc. in Fish and Fisheries, and related disciplines with at least two years’ experience in fisheries development work
- Must have obtained 60% marks or OGPA of 6.50 out of 10, or 2.60 out of 4.00 (for SC/ST categories 55% is the minimum eligibility or OGPA of 6.00 out of 10, 3 out of 5.00 or 2.40 out of 4.00)
- The minimum age limit is 19 years.
- For in-service candidates the minimum eligibility is B.F.Sc. However, they must have 5 years’ experience in the state department service and have to pass the deficiency course of 1 year prior to joining the program.