With this study plan, the intention is to provide the Graduate in Marine Sciences with an interdisciplinary training that allows him to research, plan, evaluate, predict and develop technologies in management and organization of the coastline, fishery resources and aquaculture, and oceanography and climate.
This information is subdivided into the following professional fields:
1. Common scope (Training and administration in Research and Companies).
2. Scope of chemical oceanography
3. Scope of physical oceanography
4. Scope of geological oceanography
5. Scope of biological oceanography and living resources
6. Scope of marine and coastal management, economy, legislation and pollution of the marine environment
The University of Vigo has an updated scholarship portal in which aid from different state, regional and local public bodies is published, as well as aid from the University of Vigo.
The UVigo manages the general scholarships announced by the MECD for its undergraduate and master students.
In addition, it has its own scholarship and aid program for undergraduate, master and doctoral students, to which it allocates a significant part of its budget. The objectives of this program are:
- Guarantee access to higher education for people who lack economic resources.
- Guarantee access to higher education under equal conditions for students with special educational needs.
- Promote the national and international mobility of students.
- Complete student training by participating in university activities and doing internships in companies and institutions that are compatible with their studies.
- Support student participation in different university settings.
- Initiate students in research activities.
1. Capacity for analysis and synthesis.
2. Organizational and planning capacity.
3. Oral and written communication in the official languages of the University.
4. Basic computer skills, related to the field of study.
5. Skill in information management (search and analysis of information).
7. Decision making.
8. Ability to work in a team.
9. Critical and self-critical capacity.
10. Ethical commitment.
11. Ability to learn autonomously and continuously.
12. Ability to adapt to new situations.
13. Ability to generate new ideas (creativity).
14. Initiative and entrepreneurial spirit.
15. Ability to apply knowledge in practice.
16. Research skills.
17. Sensitivity towards environmental issues