This course aims to provide basic knowledge and hand-on experience on Data Management & Data Governance policy regulations and best practices, which are considered as key factors in digital transformation for the enterprises of the future.
- Provide a general overview of the necessary competences and skills for data handling in the maritime sector.
- Reviewing the best practices in teaching Big Data technologies for Data Analytics, discussion on specific tasks and requirements for maritime sector.
- Learning about new technologies and tools used for data collection & handling.
Technicians and VET teachers/trainers interested in Big Data and Data Management best practices and applications for maritime and offshore energy. MATES partners and MATES TG experts. Women will be prioritized.
Industrial Data Spaces. Data Management and Governance, DAMA Architecture, Organisational roles.
Case Study: Research Data Management, FAIR data principles. Data Stewardship.
Data Management Plan (DMP) best practices and recommendations
Each of 3 sessions will include lectures, practice and interactive discussions. Practice will include working with cloud based tools for data handling.
Online course has limited capacity: 30 attendees. At registration, please indicate your prerequisite conditions.
If registration numbers exceeds the maximum number of attendees, a waiting list will be created, Pre-requisite conditions may apply.
Attendees should have:
- Basic knowledge of computer systems and Internet applications.
- Understand current organisation policy with data management.
Deadline for registration: 10th February 2021
- Understand how to establish effective Data Management and Data Science team at their organisation to gradually build capacity.
- Understand basic concepts of Data Management & Data Governance in order to been applied to their organizations.
- Outline the major components and processes of the enterprise Data Governance Architecture and corresponding organisational roles; develop the company’s Data Management Plan (DMP) and its implementation.