Two modules of 3,75 ECTS each shall be selected. The most relevant modules for this in-depth study (FDE) are:
- Dynamic analysis of marine structures (3,75 ECTS),
- Analysis of marine structures, advanced course (3,75 ECTS),
- Integrated dynamic analysis of wind turbines (3,75 ECTS),
- Experimental methods in marine hydrodynamics (3,75 ECTS),
- Numerical methods in marine hydrodynamics (3,75 ECTS),
- Ship design for ice operations (3,75 ECTS),
- Sustainable arctic sea transport (3,75 ECTS),
- Underwater technology (3,75 ECTS),
- AT-327 Arctic Offshore Engineering (10ECTS, Study plan Univ. Svalbard)
- AT-334 Arctic Marine Measurements Techniques, Operations and Transport (10ECTS, Study plan Univ. Svalbard)
The choice of modules depends upon the selected specialisation and is to be approved by the project thesis supervisor (or the faculty in charge).
Project work which is part of AT-327 and AT-334 must be coordinated with the Specialization Project in Marine Structural Engineering based on approval by the supervisor.
If the modules Dynamic analysis of marine structures and Advanced analysis of marine structures are not selected, TMR 4305 - Advanced Analysis of Marine Structures is required as an optional course.
Admission to a programme of study is required:
- Engineering and ICT (MTING)
- Marine Technology (MIMART)
- Marine Technology (MSN1)
- Marine Technology (MTMART)
- Maritime Engineering (MSNMME)
- Wind Energy (MSWIND)
Recommended previous knowledge
All mandatory subjects in the 3rd and 4th year for the study of Marine Structures and the relevant specialisation.
Required previous knowledge
The course is only accessible for students admitted to the master programmes Marine Technology and Engineering and ICT.
This subject aims at giving in-depth knowledge of problems relevant for marine structural engineering.