The course will give insight in the programming languages FORTRAN and C. The process of planning and implementation are central. The student will get programming experience through the project, where important numerical methods will be implemented. One of the projects will be related to neural network/aritifical intelligence. Introduction to this will be given during the lectures.
TDT4105 Information Technology, Introduction or equivalent.
The course will gain increase programming skills. A project which are relevant for the study will be given. When the student has passed the course he/she should be able to :
- Be able to implement scientific theory in a computer program.
- Understand symbols which are commonly used in the phase of program specification and program development.
- To know procedures for program design.
- Present numerical results by using visualization tools.
- Be able to install and configure software necessary to to computer programming and other scientific needs.
- know how a neural network / artificial intelligence works.