Through this programme students will develop skills in naval engineering to become engineers experienced in ship operations.
Two of the top French Technical Universities (Ecole Navale in Lanvéoc-Poulmic and Centrale Nantes) have teamed up to offer you a unique programme. The outstanding strength of this Master is that you will have on-board training sessions on French Navy vessels. The insight gained into on-board practices, use of complex equipment and immersion into rapidly evolving knowledge and techniques is highly valuable for a naval engineer, and of course, highly regarded by industrial employers.
The programme of study lasts two academic years - denoted by M1 and M2. Courses are taught in English across the entire programme
Prospects for employment or further study
Sectors: Marine, Energy
Fields: Marine Transportation, Marine Equipment, Wind and Marine Energy, Research and Innovation
Job Positions: Mechanical Engineer, Process Engineer, Design Engineer, Marine Systems Management, Research and Innovation Engineer (post PhD)
- Model and understand the concepts of naval hydrodynamics,
- Master the energetic and propulsion systems on ships
- Integrate the human and technical constraints of operational maritime implementation
In addition to the above specialism-specific skills, students will also develop more general skills:
- Identify models, perform simulation and analyse results
- Communicate comprehensive results in a meaningful way
- Undertake bibliographic surveys of international research and professional literature
- Manage or be part of a project