Overslaan en naar de inhoud gaan

B.E. (Naval Architecture)

Bachelor (ISCED 2011 level 6)


Cost K13,600 (Burmese kyat) per year

About the Department

Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering Department set up since establishing Myanmar Maritime University on June,2002. Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering Department is formed by one Professor, two Associate Professors, one lecturer, four Assistant Lecturers, TwoTutor and one Senior Clerk.

  1. Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering Department offers the course for the candidates who are aiming to become engineers specialized in Naval Architecture Field.
  2. The Course typically associated with degrees in Naval Architecture include marine design, marine systems management and ocean safety theory.
  3. Fundamental subjects are covered a range of the subjects in mechanical, civil and metallurgy engineering.
  4. During the program period, all Naval Architecture students require need to achieve Dock Yard training in Myanma Shipyard and Dalla Dockyard to acquire practical knowledge for ship building, repair, launching and docking Process . The training period can be occurred during the vacation period.
  5. Depending upon the annual course reviews and student’s feedback, the lectures and instructors used to update the course by fulfilling requirements.


Aims and Objectives

  • To achieve research based Naval Architecture providing Quality Educational Services which meet or exceed the national and international standard.
  • To be and international Naval Architecture Department by cooperating with international institutions, organizations, industries and to be excellent in teaching, learning and research.


 The students who have passed the Matriculation Examination and have desired to join MMU, have to apply to the University Entrance Committee of Ministry of Education and Department of Higher Education. The criteria to join MMU are as follows;

  1. The student must be Myanmar national.

  2. The numbers of accepted male students will be 320 that is 80% of total students and the rest 20% will be female students.

  3. All students must be in good health.

  4. Female students can apply for all specializations (i.e. 5 specializations) Marine Engineering and Nautical Science.

  5. The students should have the ability of choosing colour test before entering the university. Male students who wear glasses can not apply Nautical Science.

  6. Students who passed the matriculation examination with the following combinations can apply to MMU:

    • Myanmar, English, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Economic

    • Myanmar, English, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology

    • Myanmar, English, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Geography

  7. All Students are to be personally interviewed.

  8. All students not only have to take workshop skill and to attend other training conducted outside of the MMU, but also get one year sea-service (or) on board training as the apprenticeship by their own arrangement in accordance with the rules and regulations adopted by Department of Marine Administration (DMA).

ISCED Categories