The Master has the purpose of training a graduate who has specialized knowledge regarding the fundamentals of biology and management of coastal resources, and has the ability to solve problems in that area, proposing innovative solutions, through the generation or integration of knowledge. This seeks to contribute to the development of science and development of the country.
The Program began its activities in March 1994. It is currently accredited since 2009 by the National Accreditation Commission (CNA) for a period of 8 years (until July 2017), being one of the programs in Marine Sciences major Prestige in the country.
This program involves academics from the Faculty of Marine Sciences, the Departments of Marine Biology and Aquaculture, as well as the Center for Advanced Studies in Arid Zones (www.ceaza.cl).
Proceso de aplicación
Classes begin in March of each year.
Resultados del aprendizaje
The Master in Marine Sciences mention Coastal Resources, aims to train a graduate trained to solve problems in the area of biology and management of coastal resources, through innovative proposals that are based on the generation and integration of knowledge.
That the graduate is able to:
- Identify, study and contribute to the resolution of basic or applied scientific problems in the marine environment with emphasis on coastal resources.
- Design, formulate and carry out scientific research projects in coastal resources
- Disseminate scientific knowledge and research results through specialized publications at national and international level.
The graduate of the Master's Program in Marine Sciences mention Coastal Resources, has specialized knowledge regarding the fundamentals of biology and management of coastal resources, and has the ability to solve problems in that area, proposing innovative solutions, through the generation or integration of knowledge . This seeks to contribute to the development of science and development of the country.
The Postgraduate Program is mainly aimed at graduates in related careers with a grade higher than 5.0 on a Chilean scale (or their formal correspondence), such as Biological or Oceanological Sciences.
It should show interest and motivation for scientific-academic work on issues of biology and management of coastal resources. Must have the ability to analyze and interpret data, awareness of the environmental and social environment, as well as the ability to read and understand specialized literature in English.
Letter of intent and application to enter the Program. This letter is a fundamental aspect of the Postulation. It must clearly explain:
The motivation and interest to carry out the studies leading to the degree of Master in the Program.
The research question / hypothesis that you intend to address in your thesis work, indicating the general problem and the approach of the study you intend to carry out. It is very important to show that the study of interest is feasible. If applicable, you must indicate where the studies will be conducted and the funding source for them.
You should indicate the teacher of the cloister that sponsors it. o You must declare the sources of financing or which you will choose to pay for your studies in terms of program costs and personal support.
• Letter from the teacher of the cloister sponsoring the application. Consistency will be assessed between the applicant's letters and the sponsoring teacher, there should be agreement between the applicant's expectations in terms of work and feasibility issues, and those of the teacher.
You must also explain if you are willing to be the guide teacher of the applicant. Finally, you must explain the sources of funding for the student and the development of the thesis. • Copy of the certificates of title or degree legalized before a notary
• Certificates of grade or degree notes and ranking or graduation ranking.
• Curriculum Vitae updated and documented, indicating studies, work experience, academic and teaching experience. You must attach copies of manuscripts, certificates of assistance, presentations at conferences and other background that allow you to evaluate the Curriculum Vitae.
• Two letters of recommendation from professors / researchers proving the suitability of the applicant
• IC photocopy and / or passport
• Digital photographs (high resolution on white background)
Applicants presenting all background information must participate in a personal interview with the Program Committee. They must take an entrance exam whose objective is to evaluate the ability to interpret data and basic reading and interpretation of specialized texts in English.
Categorías CINE (ISCED)