Energy transition is needed and so are you!
One of Europe's biggest challenges is the transition to a sustainable energy system based on renewable energy. Our society is in need of a new generation of professionals with the interdisciplinary knowledge, skills and tools to make the energy transition happen.
During the core semester you acquire a solid foundation in economics and business concepts. These are related to innovative energy project design and related aspects of the energy business. Combined with planning, strategic decision-making and communication, this core knowledge will allow you to analyse energy business challenges from an interdisciplinary perspective. The core is only offered at Hanze UAS Groningen.
Themes of the core semester
- Energy Transition Context
- Energy Technologies, Plants & Integration
- Markets, Finance, and Law
- Research Methodology
- Models & Scenarios for Strategic Decision Making
The second semester focuses on System Innovation Management, Sustainable Energy and ICT or Sustainable Energy Mnagement. In-depth conceptual lectures are accompanied by practical assignments and technically orientated company visits. As a student you are required to actively contribute to the course content by presenting papers and carrying out research tasks.
Hanze UAS – Specialisation System Innovation Management (SIM)
System Model Application
Energy Infrastructures and Renewables
System Innovation Processes
System Business case Economics & Law
Energy Business Plan Development
Applied Research Energy System
Howest UAS – Specialisation Sustainable Energy and ICT
- Energy Audit & Dashboarding (electrical & thermal)
- Big Data & Internet of Things
- Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning
- Smart Grids, Renewables & Storage (electrical & thermal)
- Energy Services & Legislations
- Blockchain & Security
University of Zaragoza – Specialisation Sustainable Energy Management (SEM)
- Socio-economic Aspects of Energy
- Renewable Energy Markets
- Electricity and Efficiency Energy Markets
- Systems and Tools for Energy Management
- Start Up and Management of Energy Service
- Companies (ESCOs) and Projects
The third and last semester you will apply your knowledge and skills in a research project at a company or a research centre. Based on this research you will write your thesis under the supervision of a (core) professor, a professor of the specialisation and a professor from the project provider. At the end of the master’s programme, you will present your results to an assessment committee, at a EUREC gathering in Brussels.
Proceso de aplicación
First of all, to join this master's programme you need to register and apply through EUREC. The application period for September intake begins mid-January and finishes:
- Non-EU/EEA applicants: May 1st
- EU/EEA applicants: July 1st
Enrolment will not be final until all requirements as specified on the website of EUREC and Hanze UAS are met. The deadline to finalise your registration in Studielink and application at Hanze UAS is:
- Non-EU/EEA applicants: June 1st
- EU/EEA applicants: July 1st
You will receive the information from the enrolment officer at Hanze UAS how to register in Studielink only after you have been accepted for the programme. Studielink is the nationwide registration system for all universities in the Netherlands.
Resultados del aprendizaje
The European Master in Sustainable Energy System Management focuses on the business and economical aspects of the energy system. It provides the economical and management skills and technical knowledge you need for employment in the renewable energy industry, through real life business cases and projects.
At completing this master's programme you will have a system's perspective in terms of sustainable energy challenges. You will be able to analyse, design, and implement business cases and sustainable energy systems with a systemic and interdisciplinary approach, making you a valuable asset to the whole energy industry.
Applicants are admitted to the course on the basis of the following criteria:
- BSc. Engineering, Mathematics or Physics or equivalent with appropriate work experience
- The English Language proficiency must be approved by submitting a test score (not older than 2 years) from (no other tests will be accepted):
- TOEFL: minimum score of 575 (paper based test), or 90 (internet-based test, with not less than 20 in Reading, Listening, Speaking or Writing); or
- IELTS: 6.5 minimum with not less than 6.0 in Reading, Listening, Speaking or Writing; or
- Cambridge Advanced Exam in English: B minimum; or
- Cambridge Proficiency Exam in English: C minimum; or
TOIC minimum score of 780 (Listening and Reading) and 350 (Speaking and Writing)
Hanze UAS reserves the right to check, both in the Netherlands and abroad, the authenticity of all documents submitted in support of applications.
Categorías CINE (ISCED)