STCW Proficiency in Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting is part of the basic training required for seafarers employed or engaged in any capacity onboard ships.
The course covers fire prevention and fire fighting duties in the operation of the ship.
Delegates will gain knowledge of the ways in which fires are caused, the precautions to be taken to minimise the risk of fires on ships and the actions to be taken in the event of a fire aboard ships.
There are no formal prerequisites for an STCW Proficiency in Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting training course.
Proceso de aplicación
Please book a course through the website of AIS Survivex ("More information").
Resultados del aprendizaje
Delegates completing an STCW Proficiency in Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting training course will be able to;
- Maintain a state of readiness to respond to emergency situations involving fires aboard ships
- Understand the elements of fire and different ways in how fire can spread
- Understand the dangers of fires aboard ships and the prevention of fires
- Fight and extinguish fires using various types of portable fire extinguishers
- Act as a member of a fire party to fight and extinguish extensive fires using firefighting equipment found aboard ships
- Extinguish extensive fires using different firefighting media including water spray, foam and dry chemical
- Use and operate self-contained breathing apparatus
- Carry out entry procedures into compartments to fight fire in smoke filled enclosed spaces wearing breathing apparatus
- Carry out search and rescue techniques to locate casualties in smoke filled compartments
- Enter and pass through, with a lifeline a compartment into which high expansion foam has been injected
Categorías CINE (ISCED)