Please Note: This IWCF Drilling Well Control Level 4 training course is delivered at our training centre. If you would like to book the virtual course, please visit the course page.
Drilling Well Control training has been developed by the International Well Control Forum (IWCF) for personnel in critical well control roles on offshore drilling installations or onshore.
Level 4 IWCF Drilling Well Control training consists of two written assessments and a practical assessment using simulator equipment. The practical assessment is usually conducted in pairs of a supervisor level candidate (level 4) and a driller level candidate (level 3).
There are no formal prerequisites for a Level 4 IWCF Drilling Well Control training course.
Delegates can go directly into level 4 at a company's discretion, however IWCF advise delegates to progress from level 2, to level 3, to level 4.
Proceso de aplicación
Please book a course through the website of AIS Survivex ("More information").
Resultados del aprendizaje
Delegates completing a Level 4 IWCF Drilling Well Control training course will be able to:
- Maintain primary well control
- Deal with an influx or losses
- Understand surface equipment, principles and procedures
- Understand combined surface and subsea equipment, principles and procedures
- Set up for drilling
- Recognise drilling break and positive kick
- Perform a shut-in with the shortest possible time by following appropriate procedure
- Complete a kill sheet and kill a well using designated procedure (wait & weight or driller's method)
- Bring a pump up to kill speed maintaining constant bottom hole pressure
- Operate a remote choke and make adjustments in accordance with the time delay to maintain constant bottom hole pressure
- Complete a well kill operation
Categorías CINE (ISCED)