This long-established programme was comprehensively updated and revised for students joining in 2020, to offer an outstanding academic foundation for professionals in the marine insurance industry. Practitioners are empowered to develop their expertise and their careers, and those professionals planning to move into the field of marine insurance are offered a thorough understanding of this sector of the maritime industry.
The programme carries 40 European credits, and can be completed over a single year. It is comprised of five modules.
- Module 1: General Principles of Marine Insurance Law
- Module 2: Categories of Marine Insurance Cover
- Module 3: P&I Clubs and Mutual Insurance
- Module 4: Marine Reinsurance and Modern Maritime Risk Management
- Module 5: Settlement of Claims and Understanding Related Maritime Liabilities
The Admissions Board will consider only those applicants who meet the following general entrance requirements:
- A minimum of five years' work experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline (with full transcript)
The highest grade certificate of competency for unrestricted service as master mariner or chief engineer
- English language ability (both written and spoken, see below English Requirement
Categorías CINE (ISCED)