The training is intended to become aware of and to understand the calamities and emergencies that can occur on board ships and how to take action on this.
The course is divided in a theoretical and a practical part covering the following topics:
- survival and personal survival techniques
- fire prevention and fire fighting
- elementary first aid
- personal safety and social responsibility
Minimum age: 17 years and 9 months
The participant is in the possession of
- a valid certificate of medical fitness
- good health and physically able to participate in the practical exercises (including use of breathing apparatus, confined spaces and heat load)
Proceso de aplicación
Please refer to the DRTC website (More information) for additional course dates and application.
Resultados del aprendizaje
Those who have successfully completed the training will have knowledge and skills in dealing with basic and advanced fire-fighting, personal safety and social responsibility, personal survival at sea and elementary first aid on board ships.
Upon successful completion of the course, the participant will receive the certificate:
- Proficiency in Basic Training, STCW reg. VI/1, Section A-VI/1-2, Table A VI/1-1, 1-2, 1-3 en 1-4
Categorías CINE (ISCED)