This OPITO approved 3 day BOSIET with Compressed Air Emergency Breathing Systems (CA-EBS) will introduce delegates to the specific safety issues and regimes relevant to Offshore installations.
This course will also equip delegate with the basic emergency response knowledge and skills for travelling to and from Offshore installations by helicopter. This course is a mix of theoretical and practical sessions, during which delegates will be required to demonstrate their level of knowledge and understanding of the training programme content.
The OPITO BOSIET is valid for a 4 year period, prior to expiry delegates must complete an OPITO Combined FOET course to remain certified.
Delegates will be required to produce one of the three certificates outlined below:
Produce a valid, unexpired offshore medical certificate confirming the delegates fitness for offshore work.
A valid, unexpired, medical certificate of fitness to work at sea.
A self declaration of fitness to undertake shallow water CA-EBS training.
On the date on which the delegate is to undertake shallow water CA-EBS training, and prior to entering the water in which the training takes place, the delegate gives to the OPITO-approved Centre a statement, that to the best of the delegates knowledge and belief, the delegate has no (current or past) medical condition which makes the delegate unfit to participate in the training.
Proceso de aplicación
For signing up, please refer to ma-co.
Resultados del aprendizaje
By the end of this training programme, delegates will:
- Have a knowledge of the offshore industry including: Offshore hazards & control measures, offshore safety management, how offshore safety is regulated and living & working in the offshore environment.
- Understand the processes involved in helicopter travel & be competent in their ability to escape from a ditched or ditching helicopter in an emergency situation.
- Have knowledge of what to do in an evacuation situation: How to respond to alarms, the systems used to achieve successful evacuation and he actions to take in the event of a water entry situation.
- Understand what is meant by emergency First Aid and how to assist in a First Aid situation prior to arrival of the medic.
- Be competent in the use of portable fire extinguishers for basic firefighting and be confident in self-rescue techniques used to successfully escape from smoke filled environments.
Categorías CINE (ISCED)